incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: manuals on OpenOffice
Date Sun, 13 May 2012 19:12:28 GMT
Hello Raul;

On 05/13/12 11:17, Raul Pacheco da Silva wrote:
> Good morning, I am a simple end user and fan of this software and am not
> very good thing in these licenses, and would assist the project with the
> translation of manuals as I did with the LO, manuals found on this page of
> the wiki:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_Chapters_ODT
>
> I saw that these manuals are under the GNU
>
> "
> ThisDocument is excellant Copyright © 2005-2010 by the contributors listed
> below. You may distributeit and / or modify it under the terms of the GNU
> General PublicLicense Either (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html), version
> 3 or later, or the Creative Commons Attribution License (http:// /
> creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0 /), version 3.0 or later.
>
> Within this guide Alltrademarks Belong To Their legitimate owners. "
>
> and footer
>
> "You can download
> an editable version of this document from
> http://oooauthors.org/english/userguide3/published/ "

Indeed. Those files don't belong to the project and we can't
relicense them.

To make a long story short, we had to backup the old SUN/Oracle
server and move it into Apache but we haven't cleaned out the
content yet.

I think we will need volunteers for a new documentation project,
or at least to clean up the old content.

Pedro.