incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feedback on the CMS
Date Sun, 13 May 2012 15:50:59 GMT

On 05/12/2012 08:49 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> While I don't quite grok what you are having issue with
> regarding mdtext pages,  I can give you an example of how
> to link to some named element within the current page:
>
>      [Link text](#name)
>
> where "name" is the id or name of the element you want
> to link to.
>
> More generally I've explained a few more of the UI design
> elements just now at
>
>      http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref#organization

Well I wasn't as clear as I could have been either. :/

When I use the CMS bookmarklet to edit one of the mdtext pages, I am
presented with a very limited set of "functions" I can use vis a vis the
toolbar presented to me. And the WMD link presented,
http://www.wmd-editor.com/,

doesn't seem to work -- I was going to use this to get to more information.

So thanks for the info you provided above. Because I couldn't get
anywhere with the WMD link, I wasn't sure what to do. Maybe I put more
thought into this then was needed, though...I guess i could have just
entered markdown directly.

> The CMS build scripts really don't need much explaining
> as they don't actually contain very much rendering logic themselves,
> all that information is in the per-project site's trunk/lib/path.pm
> and trunk/lib/view.pm.

OK, well then, something that was suggested to me vis a vis using the
build scripts to generate some dynamic elements in a page, might not
work. This is a "down the road" project and something that would be nice
for us but not absolutely needed now. I will get back on some options
regarding this type of thing later. Higher priority items right now...

> HTH

MzK

  Helping you out."
                             -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette