incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Giuseppe Castagno <>
Subject Re: [BUGZILLA] Maximum size of attachment in bugzilla ?
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 11:57:21 GMT
Hi Herbert,

forwarding to the list, since the mail arrived only to me (or so the
header says).

On 05/11/2012 01:36 PM, Herbert Duerr wrote:
> Hello Giuseppe,
>>> Currently maxattachment size is 1000 kB. Should we increase it?
>> well, I don't know if it's the case just for my attachment.
>> But surely it could help, especially if some other user comes up with a
>> similar attachment size.
> Well on the other hand the most valuable attachments are those, that
> reduce the problem to their smallest possible document. Reproducing an
> issue and debugging it with such a reduced document is much easier.

the problem is that if I reduce the size or the combination of slave
documents, the bug disappears.

Anyway I can post the document to my web site.

This part is for others on the list

> Do others have opinion on what the maximum file size should be? I'm not
> sure if there are limitation from the server, from bugzilla or other
> infrastructure requirements.

>> In any case I'd like to provide a backtrace as well, so it will be
>> some time before I post the entire bug description.
> That sounds interesting and as a crash if could be a candidate for our
> next minor release 3.4.1.

that was my idea.

>> Still wrestling with fonts and the likes ;-) ?
> I'm wrestling wherever my powers are needed.
> By the way, I'm glad that you joined our good fight :-)

thanks for the welcome :-).

Kind Regards,
Giuseppe Castagno
Acca Esse