incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][AOO3.4.1] proposed time schedule and included content
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 08:14:43 GMT
On 5/11/12 9:46 AM, Joost Andrae wrote:
> Hi Jürgen,
>

>> Time schedule
>> =============
>>
>> - starting first week of June weekly developer snapshots
>>

> So if I understand it correctly then feature and UI freeze date has to
> be defined some weeks before June 30th to allow translators to deliver
> their translations on time?

no UI relevant features, the idea is to include further languages only +
bugfixes and potential security fixes

>> - June 30, potential translation have to be ready to get included
>
> QA decides on RC readiness before July 25th?

as Oliver mentioned the community will decide, having the translation
ready end of June will allow enough time to test the new supported
languages

>> - July 25, providing RC and start voting
>>
>> - July 31, planned release
>
> You mean less than one week to decide on the release status for the
> first RC ?

I expect the active and main work on the dev snapshots already. We don't
have the formal RC's as we had in the past.

But we are flexible and it depends on the people who are doing the work.

Again it's no feature release!

Juergen