incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][AOO3.4.1] proposed time schedule and included content
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 08:08:42 GMT
Hi,

some more comments - sorry.

On 11.05.2012 09:26, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first of all I am volunteering to act as release manager for 3.4.1 as well if
> our community think it's a good idea.
>
> Independent of the release manager I would like to propose the following time
> schedule and content for a 3.4.1.
>
> Content
> =======
> - we will support further languages where we have volunteers working on
> translation and where we have ideally 100% UI coverage. I think we should focus
> and balance the support of new languages on demand and completeness. Right now
> we have Finnish and British English with an updated 100% UI translation. We can
> also think about language packs only.
>
> - we will include important and critical bug fixes or necessary changes.
> Bugs/tasks have to be proposed and discussed on the ooo-dev mailing list and the
> issue should be marked with the "3.4.1_release_blocker" flag, concrete the "?"
> value.
>
> - we will include potential security fixes
>

> Feature development and less important bugfixes should happen on the trunk and
> will be included in the next major/minor release (3.5, 3.6, 4.0, ...). The micro
> release should include minimal functional changes only.
>

> Time schedule
> =============
>
> - starting first week of June weekly developer snapshots
>
> - June 30, potential translation have to be ready to get included
>
> - July 25, providing RC and start voting
>
> - July 31, planned release
>
> QA should we continuously do on the dev builds.
>

> Opinions, comments are welcome and appreciated.

As we have seen how much work it is and how much time is cost to prepare an RC
and a release, it is good that we thought about our next release as early as
possible. Quoting Sepp Herberger (former German national soccer coach): "After
the game is before the game."

In this sense I encourage everybody to think about 3.4.1 and if possible start
working on it.

Thx in advance.

Best regards, Oliver.