incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][AOO3.4.1] proposed time schedule and included content
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 07:59:36 GMT
Hi,

On 11.05.2012 09:46, Joost Andrae wrote:
> Hi J├╝rgen,
>

>> Time schedule
>> =============
>>
>> - starting first week of June weekly developer snapshots
>>

> So if I understand it correctly then feature and UI freeze date has to be
> defined some weeks before June 30th to allow translators to deliver their
> translations on time?

I do not expect any feature and/or UI change for such a release, except
correction of misspelled UI strings or the replacement of inappropriate UI strings.

>> - June 30, potential translation have to be ready to get included
>
> QA decides on RC readiness before July 25th?

 From my point of view the complete community will decide, if it will make sense
to create a RC.

>> - July 25, providing RC and start voting
>>
>> - July 31, planned release
>
> You mean less than one week to decide on the release status for the first RC ?
>
> ...just some thoughts...

Come on. We mainly want to include further languages. Thus, from my perspective
the proposed time schedule is ok.
If we figure out certain serious things we are flexible enough to shift the dates.

Best regards, Oliver.