incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Handling of pictures in Writer
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 07:45:55 GMT
Hi,

On 10.05.2012 06:48, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On May 8, 2012, at 4:12 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>
>> Hi,

>>> Hi Regina,

>>> Thanks a lot !
>>>
>>> FYI, there was a little mismatch with the issue number, and I fixed it on
>>> the wiki

>>> I think it it the right location. Let's wait for other opinions though

>>> task, and I'll use this wiki page to report any progress and step done.
>>>
>>> The idea is, as discussed with Oliver and Armin, to reuse some Draw
>>> features in Writer, like (image rotation). There is a lot to do and any
>>> help is welcome.
>>>

>> Armin's and my idea is mainly removing the Writer implementation for
>> images/pictures, introduce all its features missing in the Drawing Layer
>> implementation for images/pictures and use the Drawing Layer implementation
>> for images/pictures in Writer. Our idea is quite old, but we never got the
>> resources to work on it. Unfortunately, all the work we had done in
>> preparation is lost. This lost work mainly covers something like you Regina
>> had done. It summarized all the features of the Writer implementation which
>> are currently not available in the Drawing Layer implementation. It also
>> contained some planning of the corresponding implementation. But, it is
>> lost and needs to be done again.
>
> Is it a CWS? If so, it might not really be lost. You will have to ask about
> the specific CWS, you may be surprised.

Unfortunately not. But I have found our wiki page -
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Writer/Unification_of_Graphic_Objects_and_Embedded_Objects

There is some work in CWS swrefactordlusage02 which I have started. But this
stuff is becoming to old and should be redone on the current code base from my
point of view.

Best regards, Oliver.