incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [RELEASE][AOO3.4.1] proposed time schedule and included content
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 07:26:58 GMT
Hi,

first of all I am volunteering to act as release manager for 3.4.1 as
well if our community think it's a good idea.

Independent of the release manager I would like to propose the following
time schedule and content for a 3.4.1.

Content
=======
- we will support further languages where we have volunteers working on
translation and where we have ideally 100% UI coverage. I think we
should focus and balance the support of new languages on demand and
completeness. Right now we have Finnish and British English with an
updated 100% UI translation. We can also think about language packs only.

- we will include important and critical bug fixes or necessary changes.
Bugs/tasks have to be proposed and discussed on the ooo-dev mailing list
and the issue should be marked with the "3.4.1_release_blocker" flag,
concrete the "?" value.

- we will include potential security fixes

Feature development and less important bugfixes should happen on the
trunk and will be included in the next major/minor release (3.5, 3.6,
4.0, ...). The micro release should include minimal functional changes
only.

Time schedule

- starting first week of June weekly developer snapshots

- June 30, potential translation have to be ready to get included

- July 25, providing RC and start voting

- July 31, planned release

QA should we continuously do on the dev builds.

Opinions, comments are welcome and appreciated.

Juergen