incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: "How To Install Apache OpenOffice 3.4 Via PPA On Ubuntu 12.04/11.10"
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 22:50:15 GMT

On 5/10/2012 3:40 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On 05/10/2012 10:21 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
>> http://www.upubuntu.com/2012/05/how-to-install-apache-openoffice-34-via.html
>>

>> Is there someplace on the website or wiki where we could add this
>> link?  Maybe the release notes?
>>
>> -Rob
>
> This is added to the instructions page now...

Are we comfortable with this install?  Do we know who upubuntu are?
As far as I can tell, they have done a file dif on an installed system
and zipped up the file changes and delivered them in a  .deb  (over
simplification - but you get the idea)
I think this packaging falls short in terms of proper structuring of
dependencies, managing the overlap with LO on the system, and general
PPMC control of the package.  Pointing it out on the G+ is one thing,
writing it into our instructions might be something to rethink.

A.