incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [WWW] Some issues translating download/index.html
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 22:56:17 GMT
Am 05/10/2012 12:48 AM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
> Am 05/09/2012 11:50 PM, schrieb Ariel Constenla-Haile:
>>
>> Hi Marcus,
>>
>> On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 11:02:02PM +0200, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>>>>>> * I had to make a copy of exceptions.css to adapt the
>>>>>> cachedimages/*.png
>>>>>> URLs
>>>
>>> It's easy to change the URLs in the file to absolute pathes. If you
>>> have no others changes done, then you can include the original CSS
>>> file. No need to have an own one.
>>
>> I know, I was trying to do the translation without touching any file in
>> content/download/, so I copied the css file with the modified URLs; then
>> I realized I also needed to turn off language detection and force "es"
>> language download (which implies modifying some files in
>> content/download, unless some one has a better idea - doable in the
>> short time).
>
> Localization was really no point when the DL scripts were created in the
> old project. Also because every NL community was allowed to do their own
> thing.
>
> The URL is assembled with this line of code:
>
> LINK = getLink( VERSION, MIRROR, SCHEMA );
>
> The getLink() function calls somewhen the getLanguage() function to get
> the ISO code. So, currently no chance to throw in a "es" term.
>
> But from your patch I can see that you have already found a solution.
> I'm no expert but it looks good. But I think it's possible to make it
> more clean and generic for others.
>
> For example, the getLink() function could be extended to accept an ISO
> code to get forced to assemble a download URL for a specific language:
>
> LINK = getLink( VERSION, LANGUAGE, MIRROR, SCHEMA );
>
> Then you can include the default CSS (then with the absolute pathes) and
> JS files (the big advantage !), localize the "index.html" and just
> exchange "LANGUAGE" with "es".

I've added this to the Wiki page for improvements.

Marcus

Mime
View raw message