incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [WWW] Some issues translating download/index.html
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 22:48:18 GMT
Am 05/09/2012 11:50 PM, schrieb Ariel Constenla-Haile:

> Hi Marcus,

>> It's easy to change the URLs in the file to absolute pathes. If you
>> have no others changes done, then you can include the original CSS
>> file. No need to have an own one.
>
> I know, I was trying to do the translation without touching any file in
> content/download/, so I copied the css file with the modified URLs; then
> I realized I also needed to turn off language detection and force "es"
> language download (which implies modifying some files in
> content/download, unless some one has a better idea - doable in the
> short time).

Localization was really no point when the DL scripts were created in the
old project. Also because every NL community was allowed to do their own
thing.

The URL is assembled with this line of code:

LINK = getLink( VERSION, MIRROR, SCHEMA );

The getLink() function calls somewhen the getLanguage() function to get
the ISO code. So, currently no chance to throw in a "es" term.

But from your patch I can see that you have already found a solution.
I'm no expert but it looks good. But I think it's possible to make it
more clean and generic for others.

For example, the getLink() function could be extended to accept an ISO
code to get forced to assemble a download URL for a specific language:

LINK = getLink( VERSION, LANGUAGE, MIRROR, SCHEMA );

Then you can include the default CSS (then with the absolute pathes) and
JS files (the big advantage !), localize the "index.html" and just
exchange "LANGUAGE" with "es".

Marcus