incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Handling of pictures in Writer
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 12:23:42 GMT
Hi,

On 08.05.2012 23:20, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> eric b schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
> [..]
>> I'm not Regina, but my question is still valid : if I had some taks
>> list, or some pointers in the code, it could reduce the time to search,
>> and reinvent the wheel.
>>
>> Could you propose us some fast tasks list, or anything like a
>> description ... or ... ?
>
> I think, first there should be the central code design decision, whether to drop
> Writer pictures.
>
> If yes, a plan for transition is needed.
>
> A first step in that transition might be, to allow the user to insert a picture
> as Draw-picture from file into Writer, so that the indirect way over Draw is no
> longer needed. That can be done with a new dialog for example.

I am not sure about how the present to our standard users that she/he could
insert two types of images in the Writer.
Armin also mentioned that it may be a solution to provide a rotation function
for Writer images. When the user activates this function the Writer image could
be converted to a Drawing Layer images after the user has been ask in a dialog.
This dialog could then mention also the drawbacks (missing/lost features) of
such a conversion.

> A next step might be to implement hyperlinks for drawing objects. That is a
> missing feature in Draw too.

Yes, this is also a missing feature for Drawing Layer objects in Writer which
needs to be implemented.

Best regards, Oliver.