incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Handling of pictures in Writer
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 21:20:37 GMT
Hi Eric,

eric b schrieb:
> Hi,

[..]
> I'm not Regina, but my question is still valid : if I had some taks
> list, or some pointers in the code, it could reduce the time to search,
> and reinvent the wheel.
>
> Could you propose us some fast tasks list, or anything like a
> description ... or ... ?

I think, first there should be the central code design decision, whether
to drop Writer pictures.

If yes, a plan for transition is needed.

A first step in that transition might be, to allow the user to insert a
picture as Draw-picture from file into Writer, so that the indirect way
over Draw is no longer needed. That can be done with a new dialog for
example.

A next step might be to implement hyperlinks for drawing objects. That
is a missing feature in Draw too.

Kind regards
Regina