incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From imacat <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Separation of Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 18:34:36 GMT
於 2012年05月08日 19:36, Rob Weir 提到:
> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 3:02 AM, imacat <> wrote:
>>    FYI, I found that is a redirection to
>> now, which then separates into two
>> directory trees.  The uniformed Chinese site does not exists.  The
>> content is already separated.  Keeping a uniformed Chinese entry page
>> does not make sense anymore.
> Look at it also from the directory layout perspective:
> Each language is a subdirectory of /ooo-site/trunk/content
> We already have an example of similar differences.  For example we
> have both a Portuguese website (/pt) and a Brazilian Portuguese
> website (/pt-br).
> So it sounds like you would do this;
> 1. create a new directory, content/zh-tw
> 2. svn copy the existing content from the old directory to the new directory
> 3. work on that content until it is ready to publish

    Hmm...  Currently they are actually two directory trees:

    So I would prefer to strip the /zh/news/ parts, and keep them as two
equal directory trees.  Maybe keep the /zh/index.html, which redirects
people to the new location according to their Accept-Language header,
and provide choices if both zh-tw and zh-cn do not appear in user's
Accept-Language header.

    I think the issue is not to separate zh-tw from zh, but to separate
existing zh-tw and zh-cn.  This is different from pt and pt-br.

> 4. Enter a JIRA issue requesting Infrastructure team to create a
> subdomain that points to content/zh-tw

    As they are merely redirection, I do not think it is necessary to
create new virtual hosts only for redirection.

> 5. Maybe also ask Infra to redirect requests from the old site to the new site

    Good idea. ^_*'  Thank you.

Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <>

<<Woman's Voice>> News: