incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Handling of pictures in Writer
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 11:12:21 GMT
Hi,

On 07.05.2012 18:20, eric b wrote:

> Le 7 mai 12 à 18:01, Regina Henschel a écrit :
>
>> Hi all,
>>

> Hi Regina,
>

>> user often ask why they cannot rotate pictures in Writer, e.g issue 3545.
>> There exists a tip to copy a picture from Draw to Writer, then it can be
>> rotated. But that Draw-picture is different from a Writer- picture.
>>
>> I have made a table to collect the differences between Writer-pictures and
>> Draw-pictures.
>

> Thanks a lot !
>
> FYI, there was a little mismatch with the issue number, and I fixed it on the wiki
>

>> It is currently in my personal area on the Media-wiki. If you find it useful
>> and you know a suitable place, please tell me where to put it.
>

> I think it it the right location. Let's wait for other opinions though ...
>

>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Regina/ComparisonWriterDrawPicture
>

> That's a very good idea. As you probably read in the issue, I took over the
> task, and I'll use this wiki page to report any progress and step done.
>
> The idea is, as discussed with Oliver and Armin, to reuse some Draw features in
> Writer, like (image rotation). There is a lot to do and any help is welcome.

Armin's and my idea is mainly removing the Writer implementation for
images/pictures, introduce all its features missing in the Drawing Layer
implementation for images/pictures and use the Drawing Layer implementation for
images/pictures in Writer.
Our idea is quite old, but we never got the resources to work on it.
Unfortunately, all the work we had done in preparation is lost. This lost work
mainly covers something like you Regina had done. It summarized all the features
of the Writer implementation which are currently not available in the Drawing
Layer implementation. It also contained some planning of the corresponding
implementation. But, it is lost and needs to be done again.

Best regards, Oliver.