incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: key board setting modifications for blind.
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 22:21:40 GMT
Hi Ravish,

Ravish kumar wrote:
> Sir
>

>  I am devloping a software with very special functionality.it is for blind
> people.
> I want to change settings in the way generally key board is interpreted.
> for example...if '7' is pressed it is treated as 'a'.
>  if 7 is pressed two times..it is treated as 'b'.three times '7' means 'c'.
> pressing '8' means d...
>
> keyboard interpretation will be similiar to keypad of mobile.
>
> is  it possible to change the way keyboard is interpreted?????
> plz mail me as soon as possible.

I'll let others answer.

But for now, are you working with other accessibility groups? There was quite a lot done with
OOo already, though I don't know if included the kind of changes you want.

I am putting here the (compressed) URL for pages found using "accessibility" as a search term
in the old (and now new) OOo wikis:  http://goo.gl/ovvXb

-louis

best
Louis