incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] new DL test...needs review and comments, and probably correction
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 20:55:03 GMT
Am 05/07/2012 08:27 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Juergen Schmidt<jogischmidt@googlemail.com
>> wrote:
>
>> On Monday, 7. May 2012 at 18:33, Kay Schenk wrote:

>> unless

>> http://www.openoffice.org/****download/test/checksums_new_****dl.html<
>> http://www.openoffice.org/**download/test/checksums_new_**dl.html>
>> **org/download/test/checksums_**new_dl.html<
>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/checksums_new_dl.html>

>> living

>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/checksums/3.4.0_checksums.html

>> so

>>> I can't really give you an explanation except to say this is how it was
>>> done in the past. The current checksums page is quite large...they COULD
>> be
>>> tacked on to other.html I guess, but it just seems cleaner this
>>>

>> well a lot of room for improvements. The pages with the centered tables
>> with different widths looks of course not really professional or what do
>> others think?

It's not that bad I guess. But sure it would go better.

I've also realized that there are no bullet points display when doing a
list with <ul> or <ol>.

>> I really hope we can revamp the whole page in the future. A cleaner,
>> simpler design. Consistent translated content with a modern fresh design ;-)

Sure. However, this needs time. An expert can do it maybe in less time.
But I'm just a little volunteer in his spare time that has less
knowledge with HTML/CSS/JS than you with the AOO source code and full
time. ;-)

> I understand. But, I think Marcus did a GREAT job with this in the time we
> had to get this going.  A LOT of work really...
>
> We do have a lot of changes and considerations for the future -- no
> disagreement from me there.  Mock-ups would be appreciated. :)

Or some links to other websites as reference.

Marcus