incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] new DL test...needs review and comments, and probably correction
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 20:44:02 GMT
Am 05/07/2012 11:37 AM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
> On 5/6/12 2:51 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

>>> we can potentially drop one sha checksum ;-)
>>
>> Yes, for sure.
>>
>>> I have drafted the download page on the project page.
>>
>> That's good.
>>
>> An additional link to the (upcoming) official announcement (mail
>> archive, blog post, etc.) would be good.
>>
>>> http://openofficeorg.staging.apache.org/openofficeorg/downloads.html
>>>
>>> Review is appreciated.
>>>
>>> - downloads of source files via Apache mirrors
>>> - SDK as well
>>> - checksum files directly from dist
>>
>> Do you have any special reason to show download links also here? All is
>> (will be) available in the download area (currently here:
>> "http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index_new_dl.html" and
>> "http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/other_new_dl.html").
>>
>> Otherwise I would suggest that the webpage points only to the already
>> existing download webpages. Then we will have less work when updating
>> downloads.
>>
>> Source --> http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html#tested-sdk
>> SDK --> http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html#tested-sdk
>> Binaries --> http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html
>> Checksums --> http://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html
>
> by the way why do you have created a new checksums file and not extended
> the other.html. I think there is enough place and the context is much
> clearer as on a further page.

The context would fit, yes. But IMHO there is no place left.
If it would be combined than every table cell would have 5 download
links. much to much to keep it simple.

A better idea is to integrate the hash links into the green box. And
this came from you. :-) It's on the list for improvements and I'll try
to do it after the first dust has settle. Then the separate webpage is
just a fallback.

Marcus