incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Handling of pictures in Writer
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 17:32:05 GMT
Hi Eric,

eric b schrieb:

> Le 7 mai 12 à 18:01, Regina Henschel a écrit :
>
>> Hi all,
>>

> Hi Regina,
>

>> user often ask why they cannot rotate pictures in Writer, e.g issue
>> 3545. There exists a tip to copy a picture from Draw to Writer, then
>> it can be rotated. But that Draw-picture is different from a Writer-
>> picture.
>>
>> I have made a table to collect the differences between Writer-pictures
>> and Draw-pictures.
>

> Thanks a lot !
>
> FYI, there was a little mismatch with the issue number, and I fixed it
> on the wiki

That is the advantage of a wiki :)

>> It is currently in my personal area on the Media-wiki. If you find it
>> useful and you know a suitable place, please tell me where to put it.
>

> I think it it the right location. Let's wait for other opinions though ...
>

>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Regina/ComparisonWriterDrawPicture
>>

> That's a very good idea. As you probably read in the issue, I took over
> the task, and I'll use this wiki page to report any progress and step done.
>
> The idea is, as discussed with Oliver and Armin, to reuse some Draw
> features in Writer, like (image rotation). There is a lot to do and any
> help is welcome.
>

> Current work in progress :
>
> - I expermiented some hack (adding image Rotation), but something is
> missing

Me too, I have tried to rotate it by Basic macro. The rotation itself
works, but I do not get the bounding rectangle adapted.

> - reading most of the Draw code.
> - comparing Writer and Draw shells.
>
> Long term plan :
> Make it work.
>
> Are you interested to share / contribute to the task with me ?

Yes. I'm currently working to get some features form LO to AOO and vs,
which starts with building on Windows. But I'm very interested in all
things connected with Draw and would like to be informed about your
general approach and progress. I like coding, however I'm no
professional. But I can test your work at least, and -ask Armin- usually
find a lot of bugs and deficiencies.

Kind regards
Regina