incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] new DL test...needs review and comments, and probably correction
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 09:00:33 GMT
On 5/6/12 2:51 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 05/06/2012 01:31 PM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
>>>
>>> It's nice, even though a bit scary (four different verification
>>> mechanisms are probably overkill); but this will satisfy everybody, so
>>> OK.
>>>
>>> I see that many links in that page are broken (e.g., links to Windows
>>> builds, to 64-bit DEBs and so on); I tend to believe this is known
>>> and/or wanted for the time being, but, if it isn't, just click around on
>>> that page and you will see plenty of broken links.
>>
>> we can potentially drop one sha checksum ;-)
>
> Yes, for sure.
>
>> I have drafted the download page on the project page.
>
> That's good.
>
> An additional link to the (upcoming) official announcement (mail
> archive, blog post, etc.) would be good.
>
>> http://openofficeorg.staging.apache.org/openofficeorg/downloads.html
>>
>> Review is appreciated.
>>
>> - downloads of source files via Apache mirrors
>> - SDK as well
>> - checksum files directly from dist
>
> Do you have any special reason to show download links also here?

I initially had only the source files listed there but based on some
discussion (email) to use the Apache mirrors for the SDK as well I
decided to list the SDK here as well.

I think it is common to list at least the source tarballs on this
download page directly because the src tarballs are very important for
Apache. Well for most of our users the binaries are more important but
for that we have the 1-click downloads on www.openoffice.org

Juergen

All is