incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Setting Up Official Taiwan
Date Sun, 06 May 2012 15:34:17 GMT
It's great to see so many volunteers working at setting up social media
accounts for the podling in various cultures.  I'm definitely +1 for
PPMC members working on the lists to setup new accounts - presuming that
we also have the volunteers to put some relevant content on them.  It
sounds like imacat will do just fine on this one.  8-)

Given the likely increase in these requests, I hope to have some more
detailed best practices and a few requirements for social media accounts
that are labeled as official; i.e. are run by the project itself (versus
the many other accounts run by individuals about our projects).

Basic guidelines would include:

- (P)PMC approval.  You're already handling this one here on the lists,
great!

- PPMC ownership.  More than one PPMC member should be able to fully
administer the account.  A best practice is to have several PPMC members
being able to post to the account at will, and to have a basic agreement
at keeping the PPMC apprised of the administrator list and allowing
other PPMC members to join as authors or administrators.

- A note on the homepage of the social media account/page/whatever
noting that it is run my PPMC members from the AOO project.

- A link back from the AOO site itself to the account.  This is a key
way that we can inform users of which social media accounts truly could
speak for the project or not.  I.e. any "official" accounts the PPMC
approves and manages should be linked directly to from someplace on our
website.  Any other, non-PPMC accounts could also be linked, but on our
website we can let users know which ones we run versus third parties.

Comments on these guidelines?

- Shane