incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] new DL test...needs review and comments, and probably correction
Date Sun, 06 May 2012 12:51:45 GMT
Am 05/06/2012 01:31 PM, schrieb J├╝rgen Schmidt:
> On 5/6/12 1:02 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> On 05/05/2012 Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>>> The checksums file is ready:
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/checksums_new_dl.html
>>
>> It's nice, even though a bit scary (four different verification
>> mechanisms are probably overkill); but this will satisfy everybody, so
>> OK.
>>
>> I see that many links in that page are broken (e.g., links to Windows
>> builds, to 64-bit DEBs and so on); I tend to believe this is known
>> and/or wanted for the time being, but, if it isn't, just click around on
>> that page and you will see plenty of broken links.
>
> we can potentially drop one sha checksum ;-)

Yes, for sure.

> I have drafted the download page on the project page.

That's good.

An additional link to the (upcoming) official announcement (mail
archive, blog post, etc.) would be good.

> http://openofficeorg.staging.apache.org/openofficeorg/downloads.html
>
> Review is appreciated.
>
> - downloads of source files via Apache mirrors
> - SDK as well
> - checksum files directly from dist

Do you have any special reason to show download links also here? All is
(will be) available in the download area (currently here:
"http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index_new_dl.html" and
"http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/other_new_dl.html").

Otherwise I would suggest that the webpage points only to the already
existing download webpages. Then we will have less work when updating
downloads.

Source --> http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html#tested-sdk
SDK    --> http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html#tested-sdk
Binaries --> http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html
Checksums --> http://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html

If you want to mention the legacy builds it would be great to point also
here to the respective webpage:
"http://www.openoffice.org/download/legacy/index.html".

If you want to mention the archive in general (prior OOo 3.3.0) this
link is helping: "http://www.openoffice.org/download/archive.html".

Marcus