incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] new DL test...needs review and comments, and probably correction
Date Sun, 06 May 2012 12:19:36 GMT
Am 05/06/2012 01:02 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> On 05/05/2012 Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> The checksums file is ready:
>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/checksums_new_dl.html
>
> It's nice, even though a bit scary (four different verification
> mechanisms are probably overkill); but this will satisfy everybody, so OK.

Yes, sometimes you will see how it looks not before it's finished. IMHO
for the AOO 3.4.0 release and a bit later this will be the location for
hashes.

Juergen mentioned to put the links into the green download box. I think
this is a good idea and will be implemented after the release. So, we
will have then the "checksums.html" as fallback.

> I see that many links in that page are broken (e.g., links to Windows
> builds, to 64-bit DEBs and so on); I tend to believe this is known
> and/or wanted for the time being, but, if it isn't, just click around on
> that page and you will see plenty of broken links.

Yes, this is known as I wrote already that there are no localized
Windows builds at all and no Linux x86-64 full install builds, the same
for the hash files, as you can see here:

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/files/localized/it/3.4.0/

I think from here the builds will be distributed to the ASF and SF
mirrors, right? Hopefully someone is working on this issue. *wink*

Thanks for your feedback.

Marcus