incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Distributing AOO 3.4: The 22 things we need to do before we announce
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 21:59:24 GMT
Am 05/04/2012 12:59 AM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
> Am 05/03/2012 11:54 PM, schrieb Regina Henschel:
>> Hi Marcus,
>>
>> Marcus (OOo) schrieb:

It

>>> I've edited both webpages again:
>>>
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/legacy/index.html
>>
>> Users are likely do not really know about the difference between OOo and
>> AOO. Therefore the wording "start downloading the most recent version"
>> might be misleading. You mean the most recent version of OOo, but the
>> user might think, the most recent version in general.
>>
>> Which version number the user is going to download, is said in the
>> heading. So the additional information about language and OS is
>> sufficient here. If many versions of a procuct are provided, the user
>> expects to get the most recent one when using default settings.

Thanks for looking so closely. You are right.

>> Suggestions
>> (1) Add "legacy"
>> "Click to start downloading the most recent legacy version for Windows
>> and German."
>> (2) or skip it totally
>> "Click to start downloading the legacy version for Windows and German.

I took this wording.

>> (3) or repeat the version string from the heading
>> "Click to start downloading OpenOffice.org 3.0 for Windows and German."
>>
>> I have played a little bit around with Opera. It seems, that it
>> struggles about the variables VERSION, MIRROR, SCHEMA. I assume that
>> they are global and not present in this staging version. Hopefully Opera

This shouldn't be the case as the version "3.3.0" comes from the
".../legacy/globalvars.js" and the colored boxes with icons from
".../legacy/exceptions.css". And these are already visible.

In the meantime the directory was published. Does it change for Opera now?

>> shows the green part too, when the page is produced.
>>
>> The orange disclaimer has anchor elements without target href. That
>> produces the hand-cursor in the browser, which indicates, that there is
>> a hyperlink. But here is no hyperlink and nothing happens, when
>> clicking. Therefore it it confusing. Please remove the anchor markup.

It's not possible to avoid the anchor elements as this is directly
connected to the CSS styling. So, when these would be missing than the
text is (IMHO) displayed with wrong color and left aligned. To correct
this in the CSS styling is out of my scope.

But in the meantime I've found another solution. I've just set the
cursor default again in the "index.html".

Marcus