incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: "I want to stay informed about OpenOffice" option for the home page?
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 19:10:49 GMT
Am 05/04/2012 06:26 AM, schrieb drew:
> On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 23:55 -0400, drew wrote:

> <snip>
>

>>> I think that a blackboard or megaphone could fit as icon. Some examples
>>> (don't look to close to content and size)
>>>
>>> http://www.thegraphicmac.com/wp-content/uploads/aps_facebook-notify-icon.jpg
>>>
>>> http://www.trueswitch.com/images/notify_icon_big.gif
>>>
>>> http://ranchero.com/images/nnw3.2AppIcon-512.png
>>>
>>> http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/snake3d/snake3d1111/snake3d111100038/11270762-megaphone-sale-announcement-loudspeaker-news-communication-icon-golden-red-bullhorn-message-symbol-a.jpg
>>>

>> Hi Marcus
>>
>> Nice, looked those over - took some inspiration from that and worked up a graphic,
thinking of course that this is going to a keep_in_touch type screen - Is that right, what
the idea was now.
>> Anyway - here is a png of the idea, I've again used the Oo.o 3 series
>> branding element, the wire wave - altered that just a tad with a change
>> form white to the current logo blue.
>>
>> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/g6897.png
>>
>> What do you think?
>

> Made a change to that, can see a png as
> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/rect17764.png
>
> and the inkscape file as
> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/keep-in-touch_.svg

Great.

Please note that you have to make them a bit smaller (like the others on
"www.openoffice.org") and then I don't know if the text will still be
readable.

"http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/g6897.png" seems to be better, bright
green color for the envelope and no border. Maybe also a little "f" for
our Facebook fans?

Then I would buy it. :-)

Marcus