incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <>
Subject Re: Need to rename ure-runtime
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 06:31:01 GMT
On 5/4/12 3:43 AM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> Hi,
> I am runnign Fedora 17. On it I installed Apache OO 3.4 RC1.
> I do not have LibreOffice installed on my system.
> However, launching the system updater notifies me that there is an
> update available for URE-Runtime (a component of LibreOffice) and
> proceeds to install such update.
> Needless to say, this installs over Apache OO 3.4 ure-runtime.
> If an update from the Fedora repos breaks Apache OpenOffice 3.4 who's to
> blame?.
> I asked this on the Fedora mailing list and Caolán McNamara
> replied:
> ------
> Both Fedora and the original upstream
> ended up with a package called From various twists
> and turns the Fedora -ure ended up with a 1 Epoch so all fedora -ure
> packages are a higher n-v-r that the OOo one. Apache OOo has now
> presumably got the same package names as well.
> Fedora libreoffice has an upgrade path to update the Fedora
> so it would attempt to upgrade anything called
> if installed.
> Can block the libreoffice-ure in your yum.conf
> ------
> I think this needs to be adressed by either LibreOffice or Apache OO so
> that neither package steps over the ure-runtime of the other.
> Thoughts? Comments?

well I think once we have an official release out we can clarify this
with the different vendors. The package name contains and
this is owned by Apache -> Apache OpenOffice.

They are free to change their distro packaging to use the package of our
upcoming or future releases. Or they can rename the package.

View raw message