incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Need to rename ure-runtime
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 06:31:01 GMT
On 5/4/12 3:43 AM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am runnign Fedora 17. On it I installed Apache OO 3.4 RC1.
> I do not have LibreOffice installed on my system.
>
> However, launching the system updater notifies me that there is an
> update available for URE-Runtime (a component of LibreOffice) and
> proceeds to install such update.
>
> Needless to say, this installs over Apache OO 3.4 ure-runtime.
> If an update from the Fedora repos breaks Apache OpenOffice 3.4 who's to
> blame?.
>
> I asked this on the Fedora mailing list and Caolán McNamara
> caolanm@redhat.com replied:
>
> ------
> Both Fedora openoffice.org and the original upstream openoffice.org
> ended up with a package called openoffice.org-ure. From various twists
> and turns the Fedora -ure ended up with a 1 Epoch so all fedora -ure
> packages are a higher n-v-r that the OOo one. Apache OOo has now
> presumably got the same package names as well.
>
> Fedora libreoffice has an upgrade path to update the Fedora
> openoffice.org so it would attempt to upgrade anything called
> openoffice.org-ure if installed.
>
> Can block the libreoffice-ure in your yum.conf
> ------
>
> I think this needs to be adressed by either LibreOffice or Apache OO so
> that neither package steps over the ure-runtime of the other.
>
> Thoughts? Comments?

well I think once we have an official release out we can clarify this
with the different vendors. The package name contains openoffice.org and
this is owned by Apache -> Apache OpenOffice.

They are free to change their distro packaging to use the package of our
upcoming or future releases. Or they can rename the package.

Juergen