incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Distributing AOO 3.4: The 22 things we need to do before we announce
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 22:43:53 GMT
Am 05/04/2012 12:26 AM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Kay Schenk<kay.schenk@gmail.com>  wrote:

is missing. It

Please note that
So,
License

>>> I've removed the link function and used the box just to show the
>>> infomational text. Therefore only a red color box without the big arrow
>>> pointing down on mouseover (compare with the green box).

>>> In CSS (.../legacy/exceptions.css) I've already set the mouse pointer to
>>> default - which should show as arrow - but this doesn't seem to work. :-(
>>

>> oh boy...the trials and tribulations of css
>>

> I wonder if it would be simpler to just put that info in a<p>  and not
> have a box at all.  Boxes seem to lead the user to click.  It looks
> like a button.  So if we have nothing to click, then don't use a box.

Could be another way to do it. In any case I don't want to loose the red
color as it shows the user that this text is important.

>>> I think there was no idea mentioned yet. A link in the right nav bar
>>> should be enough - instead of a bigger colored box in the middle.
>>

>> OK, so how DO we want this linked in?
>>
>> Right now, we have --
>>

>> Searching for another version? Get all platforms, languages, language packs
>> | Release Notes | MD5 checksums
>>
>> in the light green DL button options section on:
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/index_new_dl.html
>>
>> the test DL page.
>>
>> Do we want to add something here, or add a it in the side menu someplace...
>>
>> ( and I just noticed some additional things I need to change there! oops!)
>>

> Oh, it looks much nicer now that the alerts are gone!
>
> One idea to support the legacy links:
>
> Right now we have three simple links under the top button:
>
> "Searching for another version? Get all platforms, languages, language
> packs | Release Notes | MD5 checksums"
>
> What if we shortened the first link, and added another one, like this:
>
> Other Platforms and Languages | Older Versions | Release Notes |
> Signatures and Hashes

Choices:

1) Integrate into the sub-green box as another link.

2) Put as separate link into the nav bar on the right hand side.

Other suggestions?

But +1 for "Signatures and Hashes" as it is now indeed more than just
MD5 sums.

Marcus