incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distributing AOO 3.4: The 22 things we need to do before we announce
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 22:12:48 GMT

On 05/03/2012 02:59 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 05/03/2012 11:33 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:

It

>>> I've edited both webpages again:
>>>
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/legacy/index.html
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/legacy/other.html
>>>
>>> When I don't hear any further feedback I'll publish this as final.
>>>

>> On http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/legacy/index.html:
>>
>> I expected something to happen when I clicked on the "Get the legacy
>> OpenOffice.org" button. But nothing does. WinXP/Firefox 12.0. The
>
> I've removed the link function and used the box just to show the
> infomational text. Therefore only a red color box without the big arrow
> pointing down on mouseover (compare with the green box).
>
>> icon changed from an arrow to a hand when over that box, but clicking
>> does nothing. The other boxes work fine.
>
> In CSS (.../legacy/exceptions.css) I've already set the mouse pointer to
> default - which should show as arrow - but this doesn't seem to work. :-(

oh boy...the trials and tribulations of css

>> Do we know how this will be linked from the /download/index.html page?
>
> I think there was no idea mentioned yet. A link in the right nav bar
> should be enough - instead of a bigger colored box in the middle.

OK, so how DO we want this linked in?

Right now, we have --

Searching for another version? Get all platforms, languages, language
packs | Release Notes | MD5 checksums

in the light green DL button options section on:

http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/index_new_dl.html

the test DL page.

Do we want to add something here, or add a it in the side menu someplace...

( and I just noticed some additional things I need to change there! oops!)

>> The other.html page looks and works fine.

>> Good work!
>
> Thanks
>
> Marcus

MzK