incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: "I want to stay informed about OpenOffice" option for the home page?
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 20:35:04 GMT
Am 05/03/2012 09:48 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:

> On 05/03/2012 11:29 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

>>> I don't recall the registration doing this...

>>> I think this is definitely worthwhile! Either as a permanent news item,
>>> or something similar -- a new tab, a new main menu option.
>>>

>> If we had it as a new home page option we would need an icon, similar
>> size and color palette as the others. But an icon of what?
>

> well...maybe one of more "artistic" members could weigh in on this
> one... I don't have any ideas...

I think that a blackboard or megaphone could fit as icon. Some examples
(don't look to close to content and size)

http://www.thegraphicmac.com/wp-content/uploads/aps_facebook-notify-icon.jpg

http://www.trueswitch.com/images/notify_icon_big.gif

http://ranchero.com/images/nnw3.2AppIcon-512.png

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/snake3d/snake3d1111/snake3d111100038/11270762-megaphone-sale-announcement-loudspeaker-news-communication-icon-golden-red-bullhorn-message-symbol-a.jpg