incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is there a AOO repo for ubuntu?
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 11:43:27 GMT
Juergen Schmidt wrote:
> We can of course create a further link aoo, aooffice, apacheoo or
> apacheopenoffice. But I would like to keep soffice as well because it
> is used in many places.

It would definitely make sense to continue using soffice. And, unless it
gets political (and I hope it won't), Ubuntu could modify its packaging.

If another name is needed in addition to soffice, then the best option
would probably be ooffice, which is already in use with, e.g., the Red
Hat packaging of 3.3. No need to add "a" or "apache" as a prefix: Apache
Subversion uses "svn", not "asvn"; and the same for Tomcat and other
Apache software.

Regards,
   Andrea.