incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wiki post: Using ICU for more I18n functions implementation
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 08:46:59 GMT
> I post a wiki document on some thoughts of using ICU for more I18n
> functions implementation,
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Use_ICU_for_more_I18N_functions_implementation.
>   I think the first three listed items can be implemented in late AOO
> versions, while the other items are long term targets or partially
> short term tasks. Please feel free to give any comments.

I like the page. The items are already sorted so the ones with the best
benefit to effort ratio come first.

Using ICU more is a worthwhile goal, especially as the project used to
have problems with taking advantage of newer ICU versions. Integrating
more tightly with ICU should eliminate these problems and we'll be able
to automatically leverage its progress.

Herbert