incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: What do we need to do in BZ after AOO 3.4 is released?
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 21:20:21 GMT
Hi Rob,

Rob Weir schrieb:
[..]
> Also, are there any "products" that can be removed or demoted to
> "components" under another product?   What we have now is simpler than
> what we had with OOo, but it is still very complicated with a lot of
> "dead wood" at the top level.

Yes, the list is far too large. Here some suggestions:

specs --> obsolete
We do not write specs any longer.

native-lang --> obsolete
The native-lang project had been needed to communicate and exchange
files in native language in the beginning, when there had not been a
Wiki. But now all native language community work can be done via
Confluence Wiki.

Some 'products' are only relevant for core developers. There were
distinguished, because different developer groups had exist with a
responsible 'leader' to whom the issues could be assigned. We have no
longer such a structure. I suggest to bundle them in a new topic, might
be called "internal". Or move them to 'obsolete?
framework
gsl
lingucomponent
tools

Some 'products' deal with programming, not in the core, but using the
released product. I don't know a good word for this topic. It could
bundle the parts:
api
scripting
sdk
vba

Some 'products' where used from groups, who work on special topics. Here
again, it is no longer necessary to communicate via Bugzilla. Perhaps we
make an umbrella like "special project"? We can then watch, whether
these categories are really used and if not, move them to 'obsolete' later.
bibliographic
education
marketing
performance
qa
stats
ui
wp
trademark

I'm not sure about the following:
external (rename to 'build prerequisite' and put to 'internal'?)
oopm
ucb
udk
xml

So the remaining items would be:
*Testproduct* (rename to *test submitting* for not to confuse with
dev-builds?)
??? (=api+scripting+sdk+vba)
Chart
Database access