incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CWS licensing query ...
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 20:22:01 GMT
On 05/01/12 12:07, Michael Meeks wrote:

> 	or something - though, clearly there are prolly some interesting new
> files there too - which would fall foul of the list in the SGA I guess.
> Anyhow - most interested in the status of those.

Of course we don't "release" CWSs at all, those would have to find
their way into working code first.

> On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 23:13 +0200, Rob Weir wrote:
>> Were there any other specific CWS's that you are interested in, aside
>> from aw080?
> 	I havn't done a complete audit yet; but when I last reviewed the list,
> there were rather a large number of useful bits of code there -
> everything from bug-fixes, to new features, to porting to gnumake.

I understand you have been cautious,
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2011-October/019057.html
and that's really good.

I can see we will not be adopting them all. I think, for example, part
of the accessibility stuff may be obsoleted by IBM's code, so if you
really want to relicense all your code it may be easier to revert that
and sync at a later time with AOO (good thing you are using git).

> 	I assume you have a plan for rescuing that, it'd be great to understand
> it in more detail.
We have no plan.

For 3.4, it's too late but please do provide a list of the CWSs you are
using
in LibreOffice with a short description and we will eventually see what we
can provide in future AOO releases. Of course, if you sign an iCLA you
can help things go faster :).

Pedro.