incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Legal question about (re)licensing
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 19:39:20 GMT
Michael, Michael ...

On 05/01/12 11:38, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>

>>    So what exactly LO has is "license soup" as far as I am concerned.
> 	The situation is reasonably simple currently; yet it is of course made
> un-necessarily difficult by IBM&  Oracle's insistence on choosing yet
> another project and license for some ill-defined subset of the available
> code; yet it will get unwound.

Come on ... you can't blame us for your inability to work with mainstream
OpenOffice since the early days of Go-OO :).

Concerning the code and licensing issues you seem to have, I will explain
it again in public:

1) Our development is pretty open and we have all the code available
on-line but we are not (yet) an official Apache Project, and the PPMC
doesn't have any authority to do a release.

2) The fact that the ASF has a SGA doesn't mean any code has been
or will be relicensed. All the code has to be reviewed first and will be
available as it is released by the ASF Project Incubator.

3) Just like everyone else you are invited to wait for the new release
which we hope you will find useful for your own purposes.

Pedro.