incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: What do we need to do in BZ after AOO 3.4 is released?
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 19:28:35 GMT
Am 05/01/2012 06:24 PM, schrieb Juergen Schmidt:
> On Tuesday, 1. May 2012 at 16:41, Rob Weir wrote:
>> Today, among the 100 version strings the users need to scroll through
>> in BZ, we have "AOO340-dev".
>>
>> What do we want after we release AOO 3.4?
>>
>> Add AOO340? (Or just rename AOO340-dev to AOO340?)
> Renaming sounds good to me and all issues with AOO340-dev should be moved to AOO350-dev.
> Only some special issues that we propose and discuss for a 3.4.1 should get the AOO341-dev
version

>> Add AOO341-dev?
>>
> +1
>>
>> Add AOO450-dev?
>>
> you mean AOO350-dev, correct?
> If yes then +1
>

>> Also, are there any "products" that can be removed or demoted to
>> "components" under another product? What we have now is simpler than
>> what we had with OOo, but it is still very complicated with a lot of
>> "dead wood" at the top level.

 From JIRA I know the "Affect Version" and "Fix Version" fields which
are used to describe where the problem was seen first and where it will
be fixed.

In BZ the "Version" field is used to describe in which version the issue
happens. The follow webpage talks about a "Target" field:

https://issues.apache.org/ooo/docs/en/html/bug_page.html

13. *Target: (a.k.a. Target Milestone) A future version by which the bug
is to be fixed. e.g. The Bugzilla Project's milestones for future
Bugzilla versions are 2.18, 2.20, 3.0, etc. Milestones are not
restricted to numbers, thought - you can use any text strings, such as
dates.

It would be very helpful to organize and keep the overview about issues
for specific versions in the future. So, could this field be enabled?

Marcus

> We should upgrade BZ to the newest version where we get more flexibility to disable not
longer used products, versions etc.