incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [WWW] AOOo french website
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 16:35:43 GMT
Hi Shane,

Le 11 mai 12 à 18:19, Shane Curcuru a écrit :

> On 2012-05-11 11:57 AM, eric b wrote:
>> Now, back to the question : who did these changes ?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Eric
>>

> Everything's in SVN, so we can (usually) see who changed what.
> ViewVC is useful if you don't have the ooo-site tree checked out
> locally:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/
> fr/index.html?view=log

Thanks for the link. For some reasons I missed it.

> Those two sites seem to have been in the /fr/index.html page for at
> least the past 6 months, apparently since they were imported, I think?

To be honest, the fr site was controled by the same who are today at
TDF.  Controled is a gentle word. The same people did a lot of
misinformation just before to quit.

Now that the first Apache OpenOffice release is done, it's time to do
some cleanup, and put more Apache OpenOffice information. That's the
reason why kind people like Vincent proposed to join and help.

> So it's not a recent change.  (I also see a lot of people don't
> include commit logs, which is a shame)

I'll read everything carefully.

> It certainly is something that the PPMC should be aware of, and the
> fr site volunteers to consider updating.

Exactly.

The idea is to share the decisions, e.g. adding other volunteers, and
adding some consensus in the choices. Currently the choices are
suboptimal.

Vincent Ruffiot, I proposed yesterday, is not a committer, but is
serious and reliable. I'll search what has to be done to grant him
enough rights to help us maintaining the site.

Thanks,
Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə