incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [API][WWW] Online API docs for AOO 3.4
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 19:01:33 GMT

On May 15, 2012, at 11:50 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 15.05.12 20:40, schrieb Ariel Constenla-Haile:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> now that AOO 3.4 is there, is there any chance to update the API docs at
>> http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/module-ix.html
>> I could do it, if I knew the procedure: are these files in
>> ooo-site/trunk/content/api/docs/common/ref/ just a copy of the SDK
>> files?

They are a checked in copy. In order to exercise care, there was some hand editing, I would
want to careful examine some diffs. Then I would tag the current tree, and replace with 3.4.

>> On the other hand, there are two related issues:
>>
>> - the files on the web site, and the ones generated in AOO 3.4 SDK have
>>   the old copyright "Copyright © 1995, 2012, Oracle and/or its
>>   affiliates. All rights reserved. Oracle and Java are registered
>>   trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be
>>   trademarks of their respective owners."
>>
>> - on the website, the links on the navigator bar, for example
>>   http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/ , generate
>>   directory listing, because there is no index.html, the SDK docs have
>>   a module-ix.html instead. I guess this could be solved with
>>   a .htaccess
>>

> I assume that Jürgen knows more about it as he was deeply involved in the former api
project - he was leading it.
> Thus, I propose to wait for Jürgen's input here.

It was discussed several months ago. I was thinking about this as well in the last couple
of days.

Jürgen and I also discussed having the latest working SDK from trunk up in the project site.

Regards,
Dave