incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: [WWW] Common layout and content for NL sites (was: Some issues translating download/index.html)
Date Sun, 13 May 2012 18:13:46 GMT

On May 13, 2012, at 10:39 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>>> It's nice, but it's part of a table design. I was thinking about
>>> a general approach, using the new tools we have. You can see the
>>> example in the API site: where the
>>> left navigator DIV is simply a MardDown text file: simple to
>>> translate, no need to mess up with HTML, etc.
>>> The issue here is that lib/ only accepts a leftnav.mdtext for
>>> the main site, or one of the subfolders, like conent/api, but not
>>> for more internal subfolders like content/es/producto/
>> This is true for now, but we can always change what I did in
>> and the templates structure.
>> We can move ssi.mdtext from the templates tree to the content tree. In
>> we can scan for ssi.mdtext from the current folder up to the
>> root.
>> This will allow the available rightnav.mdtext and leftnav.mdtext divs
>> in the page design to be triggered at any level.
> I tried to do it, with my almost null Perl skills:
> I guess it's more clever to check first if there is a ssi.mdtext in the
> current folder than searching recursively upper levels for every and
> each file (my dummy solution).

Two changes would be done.

(a) Move ssi.mdtext to the content tree.

(b) Change and rename the templates_folder routine into a find_ssi routine that starts in
the current content directory and then moves up levels until one is found.

The only challenge is how to make changes in an ssi.mdtext cause rebuilds to all pages in
that directory. Currently we use a change to to trigger that. I'll ask Joe on the
Apache CMS thread.

> Regards
> --
> Ariel Constenla-Haile