incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: download page on the AOO project webpage
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 15:46:55 GMT
Hi,

On May 4, 2012, at 4:10 AM, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we want probably a download link/page on our Apache project page http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/

I was planning to do something similar, but $job and RSI has intruded.

> For example in the navigation bar
>
> About
> Downloads
> License
>
> On this page I would propose that we link to the src release packages and a second section
for the binaries where we simply link to the download page on www.openoffice.org

I think we should offer mappings and have this page definitely download via the Apache mirrors.
I know what to do to make this work with the Apache mirror cgi.

> I am currently preparing a downloads.mdtext file and it should look a little bit like
the src dev snaphot build page http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/src_releases/srcrelease.html

Sure.

> Any ideas, comments or opinions

I think that in the mdtext rather than using [1] numeric links you should use links that are
descriptive eg.

[cur_mac_en_us]

I did a bunch of CMS documentation at work using tags like this and it works well.

Point me to your downloads.mdtext when you are ready and I'll enhance.

Over time we should be able to make the CMS generate the table and links from an XML or tab
delimited table of what's currently available.

Best Regards,
Dave