incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <>
Subject Re: Sorting sections in the help
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 20:21:39 GMT
Hi Regina,

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 09:29:11PM +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi all,
> if you look for function IMSIN in the help, you get a page from
> source helpcontent2/sourc/text/scalc/01/04060116.xhp.
> 1.
> When you look at that page in the help viewer you will notice, that
> the functions are not alphabetically sorted. This is because sorting
> has been disabled in
> But I do not notice any problem, if I enable it again. You can try
> it too. You need not to compile the source, but can edit the file
> main_transform.xsl directly. It is located in <instdir>/Basis/help
> The section should read
> <!-- SORT -->
> <xsl:template match="sort" >
> 	<xsl:apply-templates><xsl:sort
> select="descendant::paragraph"/></xsl:apply-templates>
> </xsl:template>
> <xsl:template match="sort" mode="embedded">
> 	<xsl:apply-templates><xsl:sort
> select="descendant::paragraph"/></xsl:apply-templates>
> </xsl:template>
> So my question is, whether there still exists a reason not to enable
> sorting.
> Are there problems in special languages?

I tested with Spanish, and there is no error output on the terminal, and
the sorting works fine.

That bug is from 2006, libxslt fixed several related bugs in the
meantime; just read the NEWS file in

1.1.25: Sep 17 2009:

- xsl:sort lang support using the locale (Nick Wellnhofer and Roumen
- big patch from  finishing xsl:sort lang support (Roumen Petrov)
- add xsl:sort lang support using the locale (Nick Wellnhofer)

It looks like that bug was fixed upstream.

Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

View raw message