incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <>
Subject Re: Crediting patches, bug reporters, etc.
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 07:53:49 GMT
Hi Rob, *

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 02:43:10PM -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> Would it be too much additional overhead if we all agreed to track
> patch authors, reviewers, bug authors, etc., in Subversion memo's in a
> semi-structured way?
> I'm thinking of what the Subversion project does, mainly using 4
> possible fields in the check in memo:
> Patch by:
> Suggested by:
> Found by:
> Review by:

ups I should have read this earlier, I already committed some patches
with "Original author:"

> (You use whichever are appropriate.  Not every check-in will have all four).
> The nice thing about this minimal amount of structure is it allows
> easy extraction of contributors via a simple script, e.g.,:
> As you may know, our current informal approach tracks committers, but
> does not explicitly track other contributors.
> -Rob

git has a nice configuration setting:

Specify a file to use as the template for new commit messages. "~/" is
expanded to the value of $HOME and "~user/" to the specified user’s home

May be subversion has something similar. Some templates could be uploaded
to incubator/ooo/devtools/

Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

View raw message