incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to enable crash log for AOO3.4?
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 12:42:10 GMT
HI Joost,

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 02:38:49PM +0200, Joost Andrae wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the crash reporter doesn't seem to work anymore even if I add a
> dummy URL into the ErrorReportServer entry within the bootstrap.ini
> file. This must be a bug that needs to be fixed within the build
> environment.

It's because you are trying a Win or a MacOS build, they are not build
with the crashrep enabled; on Linux I build it enabled by default,
that's why the workaround works (and the OP built with it enabled, too).

We should think about enabling the feature. May be we cannot bring the
SOAP service again, but we can:

- use the default system mail client to send the crash report to
  ooo-private
- simply let the user save the crash report and send it manually
- automatically submit a bug if the user has a bugzilla account
- ...

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile