incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need guide for my first 'push'
Date Sat, 19 May 2012 18:43:49 GMT
Hi Regina,

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 04:39:31PM +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm ready to push my first patch. But it is the first time and I
> need a guide how to do it.
>
> I have cloned from trunk by 'git svn clone ...'
> I have made all the changes, compiled and tested.
> I have done 'git commit -am' and controlled the changes with 'git
> format-patch git-svn'.
>
> But now I do not know how to continue.

First, make sure you have committed everything:

git status

Then check out the last changes, so that your tree is up to date:

git svn rebase

If there was a merge, make sure your changes are still working.
Once ready to push your changes to the Apache SVN repo, simply do:

* check what will be committed:

git svn dcommit --dry run

* commit it:

git svn dcommit