incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Lauder ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] IBM SGA/CCLA Submitted for Symphony Source Code Contribution
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 03:29:12 GMT
> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Graham Lauder <yo@apache.org> wrote:
> > > A few minutes ago, I submitted the IBM Software Grant Agreement and
> > > Corporate Contributor License Agreement for IBM Lotus Symphony
> > > contribution. This action means infra can begin to prepare to receive
> > > the 'Contribution" into svn when they're ready. We will be providing
> > > more descriptive content to the list tomorrow when our China team
> > > wakes up. :) This is just a short announcement to get the ball
> > > rolling.
> > >
> > > We announced our plan to do this on July 15, 2011. The successful
> >
> > delivery
> >
> > > of Apache OpenOffice 3.4 has now made it possible to move forward.  We
> >
> > hope
> >
> > > the community will invest time and energy to study and understand this
> > > contribution and help determine how best to use it going forward for
> > > the benefit of the public good.
> > >
> > > This ends the Symphony fork here with Apache OpenOffice.
> >
> > Absolutely brilliant.  Well done the IBM team for getting all the IP
> > stuff sorted and getting it to this point.
> >
> > Now we will start to see the shape of AOO 4
>
> Yes, indeed. Glad to see you're still reading our lists. :)
> Have you seen the new energy around user experience? Would you be
> interested to take a closer look at that?
> ...in the context of AOO 4, that is.

Hi Don,

I've been keeping a weather eye on things.  Between house remodelling and job
hunting I've necessarily had to keep my participation to a minimum.

Yes I'll definitely be getting involved in the UX discussion.  I haven't been
totally idle however, I've setup a Lime Survey instance that we can use.  I've
been working on some questions when time allows and I'll give people access as
required if/when we decide to use it.

http://www.tenakoe.net/survey

Cheers
GL