incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From James Lee <l...@oxdrove.co.uk>
Subject Re: Unofficial OpenSolaris/SPARC 3.4 build
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 16:06:07 GMT
On 11/05/12, 16:40:58, Nicolas Christener
<nicolas.christener@adfinis-sygroup.ch> wrote regarding Re: Unofficial
OpenSolaris/SPARC 3.4 build:

Hello,

> > The biggest problem I have is it writes the user data to the install
> > directory (not $HOME) and crashes when this is correctly read only.  I'm
> > still working on this and the whole build.

> We probably had the same problem, seeour correction in
> "UserInstallation" here:

> oobuild@sundev: /opt/ad-sy-release/openoffice.org3 $ cat
> UserInstallation=$SYSUSERCONFIG/.openoffice.org/3
> hope that helps.

Fixed!  Thank you.

> Regarding the funny "Find & Replace" bug I got some useful comments in
> the bugtracker (thanks "hdu"!) - maybe we can fix the problem through
> disabling compiler optimization.

Ah so my -xO0 for test might have been the difference.

I normally build OO for minimum space:

-xO3 -xspace -xnolibmopt -xnolibmil

it runs perfectly adequately speed-wise even on a U60 with 450MHz USIIs.

James.