incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: "How To Install Apache OpenOffice 3.4 Via PPA On Ubuntu 12.04/11.10"
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 18:35:06 GMT
On Thu, 10 May 2012 13:43:30 -0400
drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 13:21 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> > http://www.upubuntu.com/2012/05/how-to-install-apache-openoffice-34-via.html
> >
> > Is there someplace on the website or wiki where we could add this
> > link?  Maybe the release notes?
>
> I'm trying the (11.10) install just now - no idea who this is, glad they
> got to it so directly, however.
>
> A mention someplace on the site would be great, imo.
>
> //drew

I downloaded a prebuilt (en-US) for 32 bit Ubuntu and installed in the usual way as set out
on Forum tutorial.

No problems except it complained on first startup, needing a Java.  I forced it closed, restarted
and setup the Java quickly under /Tools /Options before it could complain.  Been editing with
it all day, no problems.  en-GB version or Language pack would be nice.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>