incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: PROB
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 15:33:04 GMT
On Tue, 8 May 2012 17:22:42 +0200
Sylvain DENIS <sylvain.technic@gmail.com> wrote:

> I work on LinuxMint 12 and Ubuntu 11.10 & 12.04 (32bits) with OOo 3.2
>
> I 've tested the AOO 3.4 but it is not operational. The software crashes
> all the time. I work with a laptop + screen. For a presentation (slide show)
> , the display is in the middle of both screens, not one only (at choice)

Have you removed traces of any previous LibO/OOo installation?  I use Synaptic to remove libreoffice-core
or openoffice-core before installing AOO 3.4.  Previous experience using Oracle OOo on Ubuntu
deliverd with Go-OO showed that such removal was necessary, so I do it as a matter of course
now.

I have been using AOO Writer on Ubuntu 11.10 all afternoon on a 100k word file with no problems.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>