incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: offset pages in open office writer
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 05:33:19 GMT
On Mon, 7 May 2012 02:05:13 +0300
Saramet George Alexandru <sarametgeorge@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hy!
> My name is Saramet George, and i am one of the editors of the "ALS OB"
> magazine from "Nicolae Iorga" highschool from Negresti, Vaslui, Romania.
> Me and our entire editors team are using your lovely software
> "OpenOffice.org 3.3" for editing our highscool's magazine, but we are
> faceing a huge problem. When we transfer edited pages from a computer to
> another the pages become offset, for example, if we have an article that
> occupies two pages on  another computer it will be three pages long,  images
> are not in their place, and even our customized templates for the magazine
> are deformed.
> What can we do to solve this BIG problem?

Firstly, save and transfer the file in .odt format and edit on OpenOffice on both computers,
not in another application. Secondly ensure that the same fonts are installed on both computers,
in the same versions.  If the file is transferred only for printing, then use .pdf format
for the transfer.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>