incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [Comment] Apache software is always free
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 18:14:06 GMT

On May 22, 2012, at 11:03 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 7:05 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> On May 21, 2012, at 6:53 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>>
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Looking good.  I would go with it.  It is certainly something that the
>> Apache OpenOffice project can use to refer people too.
>>>

>> +1 - as well.
>>
>> I think that we should link to this page.
>>
>>> - Dennis
>>>
>>> PS: A problem not for immediate solution: The link at the end about
>> mailing lists is a little indirect.  On the other hand, linking to the page
>> that lists all of the mailing list archives is not it either.  It appears
>> that there is not a handy shallow link that finds individual projects and
>> information about contacting them, accessing their lists, for end users who
>> have questions.  Perhaps search engines will come to the rescue.
>>
>> - The link can be an "Alway Free" button on the topnav.
>>

> I like this idea a lot -- we could always reinforcement of this.
> I'm not that keen on adding it as an extra item in the topnav, however.
>
> I don't have an alternate suggestion except maybe linking it in from our
> "The Free and Open Productivity Suite" somehow.

I agree that is better.

Given Jim J's comment I think we'll want our own version of the page in mdtext. Probably as
"free.mdtext". We'll need to adjust brand.mdtext and templates/brand.html to include the page's
url. NL teams can adjust to link to translations in the NL directory. It is possible to translate
the mdtext.

Regards,
Dave