incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Handling of pictures in Writer
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 20:55:41 GMT
Hi,

Le 8 mai 12 à 13:12, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann a écrit :

> Hi,
>
>> That's a very good idea. As you probably read in the issue, I took
>> over the task, and I'll use this wiki page to report any progress
>> and step done.
>> The idea is, as discussed with Oliver and Armin, to reuse some
>> Draw features in Writer, like (image rotation). There is a lot to
>> do and any help is welcome.
>
> Armin's and my idea is mainly removing the Writer implementation
> for images/pictures, introduce all its features missing in the
> Drawing Layer implementation for images/pictures and use the
> Drawing Layer implementation for images/pictures in Writer. Our
> idea is quite old, but we never got the resources to work on it.
> Unfortunately, all the work we had done in preparation is lost.

Do you really have no direction to point to us ? e.g. some class
name, or something like where in the code or whatever else who could
help ?

> This lost work mainly covers something like you Regina had done. It
> summarized all the features of the Writer implementation which are
> currently not available in the Drawing Layer implementation. It
> also contained some planning of the corresponding implementation.
> But, it is lost and needs to be done again.

I'm not Regina, but my question is still valid : if I had some taks
list, or some pointers in the code, it could reduce the time to
search, and reinvent the wheel.

Could you propose us some fast tasks list, or anything like a
description  ... or ...  ?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

--